Do you have a photo which invites the viewer to look beyond? Are there hidden depths in the background? Is the focal point just a framing for the rest of the picture?
How funny that this challenge should be exactly about these two pictures. Well, mostly. I took these photos from two different directions because they showed two different things. I thought they would be good photos for a story or a poem.
The first photo shows a road that continues without end. It is very intriguing, what else is down that path? There are buildings in the distance, so you might assume that the structure is a house, or garage, by its shape. Again, not very easy to tell from where the photographer is standing and I think this is one of the aspects that makes it inviting.
The second photo, to me, is not as interesting. It has sides of buildings, fences, and while the end of the road is still visible, it isn’t as inviting. It looks boring, cluttered and typical of an older neighborhood when garages where detached from the house. Not only does it not look interesting, it might not be a good idea if the homeowners get worried and call the police!
A random sampling of other posts:
- Weekly Photo Challenge: beyond | West Coast Kayaker
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond « nightmare of daytime
- 1-20-13 Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond « The Quotidian Hudson
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond « Blessed Zyra
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond! « ranDom muZings
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond « Ruth E Hendricks Photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond | Randomness
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond « mightwar
- Weekly photo challenge: beyond « Margaret’s Miscellany
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond | Shail’s Nest
- Wild Weekly Photo Challenge-People in Nature / Weekly Photo Challenge-Beyond | Travels and Trifles
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond…Are Angels with Autism « Advocacine’s Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge–Beyond | A New Day Dawns